Jason Shroot - Horrible person to deal with

Laguna Niguel, California 6 comments

Jason Shroot is the worst landlord ever. He is very deceptive, rude, and unpleasant to talk too. I am not alone. Just google his name and the results about him are negative.

It looks like there are many many horror stories with dealings with him. It looks like several people have taken him to court, and I may do so as well. He lacks any professionalism, and is very conceited.

He owns 2 properties in Irvine (rents rooms in his house, and a condo), and 1 condo in Huntington Beach. Looks like there were many complaints from each property. He works from home mainly as an insurance salesman, so I would think twice before ever doing business with this man. Just read the reviews. Would you trust Jason Shroot to insure your valuable items if he can't even be a respectable landlord? I sure would not. With all the negative comments about him, I would avoid Jason Shroot, his properties, and his insurance dealings. I made the mistake of dealing with him so don't take this warning lightly. Avoid him.

Comments

Irvine, California, United States #729521

My husband and I rented his condo in Irvine.The place was suppose to be ready for us to move in.

He wouldn't do a walk through, took our rent, and didn't respond to my call the day of our move in. The kitchen floor tiles were so badly cracked, carpet was soiled, was never painted, the washer and dryer were so old, I had to use a vise gripe to hold the knobs on. I think this is on track and not a personal attack just the gods honest truth.

Don't know where he is today, but I'm sure karm is a *** and he is getting his.

ARNING WARNING. Jason Brian Shroot is passing his name off as Jason Stone. Apparently everyone was reading the bad reviews about him so he is being DISHONEST to hide his poor sorry real name. Stephanie Nicole Hinkel is his partner, so watch out for her as well. She'll probably lie to you as well.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHECKS OUT TO CASH. He'll tell you to give him cash or write CASH on the check because he is giving you a FAKE name. Just don't deal with him! Avoid him!!! Look at all his reviews. They are horrible!

Apparently he is using a FAKE company as well. He is going as Jason Stone from Captive Options Property Management Services. He will be reported to the authorities for fraud! The company doesn't exist. LIES!

Upon further research... Jason Shroot works for Roger Stone Insurance Agency. Maybe that's where he took his FAKE name from. I hope that company knows Mr Shroot is destroying the 'Stone' name. If that company still employs him, I hope they fire him!

to yoda Los Angeles, California, United States #664965

Just an update that Roger Stone Insurance Agency did indeed FIRE him. If you search yelp for that company, someone complained about Jason Shroot and his unethical business practices. The company responded saying he no longer worked for that company and that they do not condone that type of practice.

I had an experience with him recently.He was trying to sell me insurance, I said no thanks.

He continued to contact me everyday. I told him to never contact me again, yet I continued to receive emails from him.

I reported him to the Better Business Bureau.I would highly recommend NEVER doing business with this person

Thank you for the heads up. I have heard of people like this.

Thank you for the heads up. I have heard of people like this.

View more comments